Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Grand Canyon

Who I see myself as and what I want to be is so distant from who I really am there is a grand canyon between them no bridge could span the distance in my lifetime or years I could spend making them meet. I can only stand on the south rim looking at the north rim wanting so much to be there and yet knowing I never will.

Not even falling into the abyss of the canyon, fording the flooding river of thoughts, feelings and emotions, and climbing to the other rim, higher than the one I left, will get me there. It is the reality of my existence and the question is accepting that reality or not, and if not, following the path into the abyss, not knowing what is ahead or even if I'll get over to the other rim.

That's the choice, standing there on the south rim looking north, what I am to what I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment