Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Last Moment

I was lying in bed the other night when the thought occurred to me that when we die we may not even know we die, we only know the last moment before we die and that's only if we're awake. Otherwise, if we're sleeping or in some other state, unconscious, etc., we wouldn't even know we've died.

I've read some of the "near-death" experiences people report being medically dead but coming back to life. They all reported a white light consuming their mind and thinking, like it was some sort of revelation from God or whomever.

I think it's not that but simply evolution's way of protecting us from the pain of death. Death is painful as the body stops and everything dies. It's seems to me a reasonable adaptation that evolution gave the human mind an escape from the pain.

So in the end there is no pain, just white noise and then nothing. And all we know is the moment before we die.

No comments:

Post a Comment