Saturday, December 1, 2012

When I am sane

When I am sane, I'm stupid, silly, ironic, obscure, funny (I think so, sometimes anyway), smart (occasionally), witty, irrevant (and yes, often irrelevant), observant, open, understanding, nice, kind, and all the rest of me.

When I am sane, I'm mentally and physically active. I listen to music, a lot of different types of music. Music fills the space. I read everything which interests me and about Mt. Rainier. I read and listen to the news. I work on my Website and projects. I think about and do photography.

And when I am not sane, I'm not. Not any of those. I just hate myself. It's the times in between I have to  watch to see which direction I'm heading and what I can to do if I'm not sane, but then I fall into Heisenburg's uncertainty principle about observations applied to the human mind about ourself.

How do we know what we think is what is real and true, or just what we want to be real and true? Can we trust our observartions of ourself to be accurate and correct? Or are we just victims of what Heisenberg said about observations in physics applied to our mind?

Do we know ourself enough to trust ourself? To be honest with ourself? There's a fine line between sanity and insanity. When do we know we crossed it? How do we know? And what do we tell ourself about what we see, think and feel? Do we believe ourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment