Saturday, December 15, 2012

Missing Myself

I've been missing someone of late, myself, since July when the Siatic nerve put me on the floor for 4 days, flat on my back where I couldn't sit, stand or walk for more than a minute without severe pain. The pain faded during July but the nerve problems didn't as the lower front half of my right leg is numb, almost totally numb.

And then in September an infection took me out again for two weeks. Anti-biotics cured the infection but both of these left me mentally tired at 63, and try as I have to exercise and get back into my life, work and projects, it hasn't happened.

And I've lost myself, namely four things, passion, inspiration, motivation and discipline. Pretty much everything we believe in ourself and do for ourself. Not gone, just lost somewhere in a spiritual fog of depression, for over five months now.

And the holidays has always been hard where I just muddle through them trying to avoid all the show and hype and look forward to January 2nd and getting back to something resembling a normal life for awhile with thoughts of spring in 4-5 months.

Those four things I've lost are the keys to enjoying your life and work.

Passion is what gets you up in the morning knowing you have a lot to do and you want above all else to do it.

Inspiration is what makes life fun and enjoyable and being creative and innovative about anything and even everything.

Motivation is what drives you in your life and work.

Discipline is what keeps the passion, inspiration, motivation going, through the ups and downs, advances and setback, and through all the problems and slowdowns.

All of them makes life good no matter what happens. And without them life isn't good not matter what happens. More thoughts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment